"Hit List" Hits IAC/WWP

Yoshie Furuhashi furuhashi.1 at osu.edu
Mon Nov 12 11:47:22 PST 2001

Thomas says:

> > The unfortunately titled zine "Hit List" is far more
>
>It's a Punk rock magazine not a twelve step program.

By now the punk/zine scene has come to include a good deal of (mainly white) grrrls. "Hit List" doesn't reflect that grrrl spirit, I believe.

> > white-male-dominated than the WW/IAC/ANSWER, but I
>> doubt that will be
> > part of the Coogan article.
>
>Since it is a publication that comes out of Berkeley
>I wonder how you would know this...and, even if it is,
>should we then conclude that the article has less
>merit?

Check out the names on the "Hit List" homepage at <http://home.pacbell.net/bigunit/hitlist/>.

Face it -- the anarcho-punk scene, be it music or politics, is pretty white.

In my view, each political tradition on the Left (including the anarcho-punks & the WW/IAC/ANSWER) has its strengths & weaknesses, and I think it would be a good idea to take strong points & capable organizers from all & combine them, creating a new political movement that leaves behind sectarian squabbles of the past & present. That way our future (if we have any) lies. -- Yoshie

* Calendar of Anti-War Events in Columbus: <http://www.osu.edu/students/sif/calendar.html> * Anti-War Activist Resources: <http://www.osu.edu/students/sif/activist.html> * Anti-War Organizing in Columbus Covered by the Media: <http://www.osu.edu/students/sif/media.html>