Why did ISO hijack Berkley CA Schools Conference?

C P quintanus at hotmail.com
Mon Nov 12 23:24:05 PST 2001

>re (sic)

Just saying 'sic' to express a complex point is almost as bad in terms of elocution as me.

you describe one as a "woman" and the other as a "black
>woman"
>I call it the "ampersand" problem. try to be conscious of doing it when i'm
>talking or typing. see Maria Lugones and Elizabeth V. Spellman, Gender &
>Race: The Ampersand Problem in Feminist Thought. _Innessential Woman_
>Elizabeth V. Spellman

?? The former could have been latino, could have been native american, could have been west asian mixed-quote-race. You can't really tell everyone's so-called race by glancing at them and not meeting them. I'll stop talking about this local stuff on this economics/academics listserve now. I do know that this white officer had racist intent when he singled out the second woman to attack. Picture more predominantly euro-american backup officers standing nearby with snapping german shepherds. I know it when I see it. to not mention her race would be racist. I also saw them completely fabricate two serious false charges and try to screw up the life of the only african-japanese-brazilian american present (who I appreciate because he actually accomplishes things rather than discusses). .