cultural imperialism

Kelley kwalker2 at gte.net
Wed Nov 14 08:34:21 PST 2001

At 04:04 PM 11/14/01 +0000, Carl Remick wrote: The US furnishes the global operating system, you might say, and all those other factors -- comprador classes in the Third World, etc. -- are just applications or viruses.

_capitalism_ is the operating system.

this reminds me of carrol's admonition that we shouldn't "personalize" our critiques. that is, carrol has been critical of those whose writing seems to examine the warts of individuals or categories of people (yuppies), rather than examining the operations of capital as the enemy.

kelley