Oil Diplomacy Muddled U.S. Pursuit of bin Laden

Hakki Alacakaptan nucleus at superonline.com
Wed Nov 14 16:08:15 PST 2001

ObL's been bad, for sure. But who's he been bad for?

From: http://www.nytimes.com/2001/11/12/international/12LADE.html?pagewanted=print

Hakki Alacakaptan

(...)

The book by Mr. Brisard, written with Guillaume Dasquié, a journalist, also makes public for the first time the first international warrant for the arrest of Mr. bin Laden. It is a 1998 Interpol document from Libya. The so-called red notice, file number 1998/20032, accuses Mr. bin Laden and three Libyans of killing two Germans in Libya in 1994.

The book identifies the victims as Silvan Becker and his wife and says they were German antiterror agents. It says Libya's leader, Col. Muammar el-Qaddafi, sought their killers because they were members of a group linked to Mr. bin Laden that also wanted to kill Colonel Qaddafi. That group, the Libyan Islamic Fighting Group, was listed by President Bush after the Sept. 11 attacks as one whose assets should be frozen worldwide.

According to the new French book, Mr. bin Laden was in Libya when the two Germans were killed in 1994. The book also asserts that Colonel Qaddafi's fears had some foundation. It says the British secret service, MI5, tried to assassinate Colonel Qaddafi in 1996 using members of that same Libyan Islamic Fighting Group.

The book says it was because of that collaboration that the Interpol document with its Libyan origin has not been made public. Mr. Brisard said he had received the document from a former senior Interpol official who told him that British and American officials had kept it from public view ------------------------------

There's a story datelined Madrid that says since there are two Interpol bulletins for ObL, it's up to those who catch him to decide whether to hand him over to the US or Libya. It would be so merry to see ObL fessing up his CIA career on Al Jamahiriya TV.

http://www.kausachum.com/alfinaldeltunel/flash/libia.htm

BTW al Qaida are the guys who sold the drugs to buy the guns for the KLA in Kosovo, who acted as forward spotters for the NATO air campaign. They're also the guys who sold the drugs to buy the guns for the Chechen freedom fighters. They _are_ the Chechen freedom fighters, matter of fact. Khattab is a Qaeda commander.

Their usefulness has ended, I imagine. I guess MI5 & CIA's muslim-guerilla-running days are over.