Hitch gloats

Peter K. peterk at enteract.com
Wed Nov 14 18:54:24 PST 2001

>Chuck Munson wrote:
>
>>Thank god the Northern Alliance is in power.
They have such an
>>upstanding record on human rights.
>
>Are they in power? Or did they just walk into
some cities and start
>shooting people? Will there be anything like a
functioning
>government, or will it just be anarchy (in the
bad sense, of course)?

>Doug

At least the woman of Kabul can now show their faces ... and kids can fly kites if they want to ... and people can listen to their radios ... and men don't have to have beards.

The authorities, if they can be trusted, say they want the people of the country to police themselves and not rely on a U.N. force. We'll see of course.

Peter