Hitch gloats

Chuck Munson chuck at tao.ca
Wed Nov 14 20:14:39 PST 2001

"Peter K." wrote:

> >Chuck Munson wrote:
> >
> >>Thank god the Northern Alliance is in power.
> They have such an
> >>upstanding record on human rights.
> >
> >Are they in power? Or did they just walk into
> some cities and start
> >shooting people? Will there be anything like a
> functioning
> >government, or will it just be anarchy (in the
> bad sense, of course)?
> >
> >Doug
>
> At least the woman of Kabul can now show their
> faces ... and kids
> can fly kites if they want to ... and people can
> listen to their radios ...
> and men don't have to have beards.
>
> The authorities, if they can be trusted, say they
> want the people of the
> country to police themselves and not rely on a
> U.N. force. We'll see
> of course.

It would be nice if the women in Kabul could start showing their faces.

However, read RAWA's latest statement.

The Guardian is also reporting that the Northern Alliance has rejected calls for both international troops AND a coalition government.

I think everything goes downhill from here.

<< Chuck0 >>

Infoshop.org -> http://www.infoshop.org/ Alternative Press Review -> http://www.altpr.org/ Practical Anarchy Online -> http://www.practicalanarchy.org/ Homepage -> http://flag.blackened.net/chuck0/home/

INTERNATIONALISM IN PRACTICE

An American soldier in a hospital explained how he was wounded: He said, "I was told that the way to tell a hostile Vietnamese from a friendly Vietnamese was to shout ‘To hell with Ho Chi Minh!’ If he shoots, he’s unfriendly. So I saw this dude and yelled ‘To hell with Ho Chi Minh!’ and he yelled back, ‘To hell with President Johnson!’ We were shaking hands when a truck hit us."

(from 1,001 Ways to Beat the Draft, by Tuli Kupferburg).