brad on stupidity

Brad DeLong jbdelong at uclink.berkeley.edu
Wed Nov 14 19:45:40 PST 2001

>Rakesh Bhandari asked that I forward this:
>
>>Oh, no Brad, you're quite possibly wrong. If bin Laden had sought cover
>>somewhere on Sa'udi soil, it's probable that not only would he not have been
>>handed over to the US, the US would not then have bombed a 'recalictrant'
>>Sa'udi Arabia. It's possible that the US would have accepted an offer to hand
>>him over to a a muslim court or third party...

Only if they were also guaranteed that the fix was *really* in in the third party trial. I don't think any U.S. administration that accepted such an offer would survive a "not guilty" or a "guilty with extenuating circumstances" verdict, no matter how tight the links between the Carlyle Group and the Ibn Saud Clan...

Brad DeLong