Activists curtailed in USA (MER and Women in Black)

Bryan Atinsky bryan at indymedia.org.il
Thu Nov 15 07:25:07 PST 2001

I know that MER.org is not their address. The address is http://www.middleeast.org/mernew.htm

And their last article is from October 3, 2001 as far as I can tell.

I have written an e-mail to them to try to find out information, but have not gotten a reply as of yet.

So I thought maybe someone on your side of the world would know something, especially someone from the DC area.

Thanks

Bryan Atinsky IMC-Israel English Editorial Coordinator http://www.indymedia.org.il

----- Original Message ----- From: "budge" <budge at el-pleasant.org> To: <lbo-talk at lists.panix.com> Sent: Thursday, November 15, 2001 4:37 PM Subject: Re: Activists curtailed in USA (MER and Women in Black)

> On Thu, 15 Nov 2001 at 12:11pm Bryan Atinsky wrote:
> > FYI
> >
> > Middle East Realities (MER.org) has been suspended.
> >
> > MER has been around since the early 90s providing some
> > of the best analysis and updates on the region available
> > in the US.
>

> Hmm. I have no idea who MER is or if they are worth a shit,
> but their domain is not mer.org.
>
> Insert another quarter and try again.
>

> --
> no Onan
>
> Undefeated, everybody goes home

> Domain Name: MER.ORG
> Registrar: NETWORK SOLUTIONS, INC.
> Whois Server: whois.networksolutions.com
> Referral URL: http://www.networksolutions.com
> Name Server: NS1.ALGX.NET
> Name Server: NS2.ALGX.NET
> Updated Date: 05-nov-2001
>

> Registrant:
> Medical Education Resources (MER3-DOM)
> 1500 W Canal Ct., Bldg B STE 500
> Littleton, CO 80120
> US
>
> Domain Name: MER.ORG
>
> Administrative Contact:
> Sneesby, Jennifer (JS11305) mer at DNVR.UWEST.NET
> Medical Education Resources
> 1500 W. Canal Ct, Bldg. B STE 500
> Littleton, CO 80120
> 303-798-9682 (FAX) 303-798-5731
> Technical Contact:
> Qwest Internet Solutions (HOS48-ORG) dns-info at QWEST.NET
> 600 Stinson Blvd.
> Minneapolis, MN 55413
> US
> 800-672-8520
> Fax- 612-664-4770
> Billing Contact:
> Sneesby, Jennifer (JS11306) mer at DNVR.USWEST.NET
> Medical Education Resources
> 1500 W Canal Ct, Bldg. B STE 500
> Littleton, CO 80120
> 303-798-9682 (FAX) 303-798-5731
>
> Record last updated on 16-Aug-2001.
> Record expires on 23-Aug-2006.
> Record created on 22-Aug-1997.
> Database last updated on 14-Nov-2001 18:49:00 EST.
>
> Domain servers in listed order:
>
> NS1.ALGX.NET 216.99.225.30
> NS2.ALGX.NET 216.99.225.31
>

> It's based in DC and
> > produces a local radio show. It's run by a Jewish American activist,
Mark