Suitcase Bombs - don't panic

Dennis Breslin dbreslin at ctol.net
Fri Nov 16 12:22:36 PST 2001

> I suspect the missing Russian nukes are either in the hads of govermente
> rather than less official terrorist organizations. (Most existing
> governments are also terrorist organizations.) Alternatively, some of
> them could still be in the hands of Russia, and former Soviet
> Sattelites. Given the chaos in Russia and former Soviet Colonies, it is
> also possible that some of them never existed and represent an
> accounting error.
>

> Yours, Pollyanna

There's something to be said for that last comment since those enamored with defense stuff are a lot like porno-addicts and see a lot more than is there. And it takes a lot to deliver the weapon. On the other hand, if suitcases are the delivery device, I'd wager NYC is just fine. However, if we were to imagine ourselves elsewhere in the world, as Carrol Cox was trying to do, I think I'd give-up long-term leases in places like Manilla, Jakarta, etc. Even if one's desire was to see the Empire Strike Out, there's still plenty of other enemies much closer to home that would look better nuked.

Dennis Breslin