Suitcase Bombs - don't panic

Kelley kwalker2 at gte.net
Fri Nov 16 12:36:13 PST 2001

At 11:22 AM 11/16/01 -0800, Gar Lipow wrote:

>And we had people saying that the use of suitcases nukes are inevitable or
>damn likely -- move out of big cities as soon as possible.

Matt also warns us about the Taos Hum, nefarious activities connected with the US Navy's ELF project, as well as why Seti at home won't work, to wit:

SETI-- search for extraterrestrial intelligence--will NEVER detect aliens in the universe because no alien society, one that has weapons of mass destruction--wants to be detected. In fact, the key to survival is to remain hidden-- to not attract potentially hostile attention from other aliens societies who have weapons of mass destruction. (From: matt hogan ("matt.hogan at lycos.com) Date: Thu Dec 14 2000 - 15:50:33 EST )

NOT that matt's a bad guy and hasn't posted other stuff, but there's been lots of the above. i'd say that matt is an outlier when it comes to US paranoia. i really don't see any of that--paranoia--going on, do you? my kid is a good barometer, i think, because he comes home and tells me about whatever wild rumors are flying at school. nada.

kelley