Arguments for ground war - forget it

Kelley kwalker2 at gte.net
Sun Nov 18 11:24:00 PST 2001

At 01:41 PM 11/18/01 -0500, Gordon Fitch wrote:
>Assuming one thought the war was evil, it would be one's
>moral duty to oppose it _somewhere_, wouldn't it?

clearly Brad's scenario was a metaphor.

in Brattleboro, Vt., in the town square--where, daily, you can find someone protesting something--protestors shake their fists at the sky, scream and cry in mourning as they hold hold up bloodied dolls. they were protesting the civilian deaths in Afghanistan.

when she first moved there, my mother used to brag about the town square protests as a worthy political tradition. she thought some of them were a little "quare" as they say in Appalachia, but all in all this was what America was supposed to be about.

right now, she's ranking lefties who engage in the above right down there with the people who do the same to women we used to escort to and from abortion clinics.

kelley