Arguments for ground war - forget it

Yoshie Furuhashi furuhashi.1 at osu.edu
Mon Nov 19 05:59:37 PST 2001

>>Of course the war was not legitimate. Of course in a world in which
>>there are such inequalities of wealth and power, a counterattack
>>was illegitimate.
>
>So we should have gone to visit the homes of the dishwashers at
>Windows on the World killed on September 11, and told their wives,
>husbands, and children that "Because the United States is a rich and
>powerful country, it would be illegitimate to take any steps to
>force the Taliban to hand over those responsible for this atrocity,
>and illegitimate to take any steps to reduce Al-Qaeda's ability to
>commit a similar atrocity again?"
>
>Somehow I don't think so.
>
>Brad DeLong

I doubt that anyone, whether s/he is for or against the war, has visited "the homes of the dishwashers at Windows on the World," except some of their kin, friends, neighbors, & perhaps bill collectors. -- Yoshie

* Calendar of Anti-War Events in Columbus: <http://www.osu.edu/students/sif/calendar.html> * Anti-War Activist Resources: <http://www.osu.edu/students/sif/activist.html> * Anti-War Organizing in Columbus Covered by the Media: <http://www.osu.edu/students/sif/media.html>