Maoist Eberts

Thomas Seay entheogens at yahoo.com
Mon Nov 19 12:37:14 PST 2001

> Wow. They've even got links so you can buy the video
> from Amazon, and
> MIM gets a commish. No flies on these Maoists!

Yes, but have you read any of these reviews. For example on the movie Xiu Xiu: The Sent Down Girl". For those who haven't seen the movie it is about the traumatic experiences a young girl suffers when she is sent to the countryside (actually a mongolian barren wasteland) during the Cultural Revolution and has sex with the various local party officials who promise that, in exchange, she will be sent home to her family. Of course she is never sent home.

Of course, MIM notes sidesteps the story and point out it is fictional and exaggerated.

I have watched this movie with numerous chinese (including my wife) who lived through the Cultural revolution and watched them cry as they told me how something gruesome like this had happened to a friend or family member during the PRC.

Most of the MIM Notes people I have seen still have pimples and were probably not even alive during the PRC, long know anything about it.

However, we are informed that: " For accurate information on the Cultural Revolution, order a copy of What is the Maoist Internationalist Movement?"

Right!

Thomas

===== "The tradition of all the dead generations

weighs like a nightmare on the brain of the living"

-Karl Marx