Fwd: Ridiculous Airline Security Story #N, N being large....

Kelley kwalker2 at gte.net
Tue Nov 20 13:01:38 PST 2001

At 11:37 AM 11/20/01 -0600, Kendall Clark wrote:
> but all the
>carping about 'keep the feds out of the airline industry' is hard to
>take seriously from someone who is trying to get rich off the
>publicly-funded and developed Internet.

yeah, i'm subbed to FoRk. i have a feeling that his good friend, Adam Rifkin, (also involved in KnowNow and who I first encountered in his archived links to resources on GenX) has probably given Rohit the whatfor on this topic, already. and, indeed, from reading FoRK, there are plenty of other voices, so I'm sure Rohit has a klew-on.

What is funnier is that, were "new, improved" security run privately, his fear of arbitrariness certainly wouldn't be mitigated.

his first post on the topic (i included a link) was also interesting.

but, my my, the latest on the thread sure makes Nancy Oden look like more of an idjit. check out how Jeff Kay is being harassed

You can read more about Kay, here http://www.engenia.com/6_2_1_kay.html

<forwarded> From: Jeffrey Kay <jkay at ENGENIA.COM> To: FoRK at xent.com I've flown to Boston a couple of times since September 11th. One of those trips I was searched twice en route to the airplane, where my backpack was completely emptied (no other luggage) and I was frisked (both times). On the return trip, they emptied my bag once before letting me on the plane. Further, I actually had to remove my shoes once and pass them through the X-Ray machine because they had some metal that set off the detector. <...> jeffrey kay <jkay at engenia.com>

</backwarded>