Pre-historic human societies

brettk at unicacorp.com brettk at unicacorp.com
Tue Nov 20 13:25:43 PST 2001

>>There are deep (and unresolved) questions about whether the
>>neolithic revolution was a disaster for human happiness
>
>Kind of late in the day for this to be politically relevant now, isn't it?

Yes and no. It sort of puts the lie to the notion that egalitarianism is in some way contrary to human nature, which I've heard plenty of conservative types argue. It is also a concrete example that egalitarianism is possible in actual human societies, and as such is a response to the TINA crowd. If it was possible then, whey not now? I think that's important.

Brett