Arguments for ground war - forget it

Yoshie Furuhashi furuhashi.1 at osu.edu
Wed Nov 21 05:43:47 PST 2001

>>>So we should have gone to visit the homes of the dishwashers at
>>>Windows on the World killed on September 11, and told their wives,
>>>husbands, and children that "Because the United States is a rich
>>>and powerful country, it would be illegitimate to take any steps
>>>to force the Taliban to hand over those responsible for this
>>>atrocity, and illegitimate to take any steps to reduce Al-Qaeda's
>>>ability to commit a similar atrocity again?"
>>>
>>>Somehow I don't think so.
>>>
>>>Brad DeLong
>>
>>I doubt that anyone, whether s/he is for or against the war, has
>>visited "the homes of the dishwashers at Windows on the World,"
>>except some of their kin, friends, neighbors, & perhaps bill
>>collectors.
>>--
>>Yoshie
>
>Relief and aid workers...

Even the families of victims who are politically and economically better circumstanced than those of the dishwashers have complained of being treated "like beggars," given a runaround in the developing maze of private and public bureaucracies. And aid and relief for families of illegal aliens who died on Sept. 11? Forget it.

Yoshie