A note to the exorcists

budge budge at el-pleasant.org
Thu Nov 22 07:32:59 PST 2001

On Thu, 22 Nov 2001 at 2:51pm Hakki Alacakaptan wrote:

> Ken, if you want to know where I'm posting from paste my
> IP into http://where-is.info/ or some other similar
> server.

Hardly. What is 'your' IP have to do with anything? 'your' IP could be in Berlin and you could still be posting from Hackensack.

And this site, http://where-is.info/, is a laff riot! Type in 192.168.3.4 and it tells you this address is in The Netherlands! Heh, 192.168/16 (the addresses from 192.168.0.0 -> 192.168.255.255) is RFC 1918 address space, that is, it is address space reserved for private networks and has no geographical location in even the most lax sense of the concept. Typical of the reliabilty of your 'information' sources.

[and please clip the dangling crap off the ends of your posts in the future, I counted 6 or 7 level os quoted text in the one to which I am replying. ridiculous.]

-- no Onan

Undefeated, everybody goes home