legal angle

JoeG JoeG at ieee.org
Fri Nov 23 13:20:23 PST 2001

> >>Of course there is a hypocrisy factor. As Francis
> >>Boyle himself would point out, all of the countries concerned let Bosnia
> >>stew in its blood for years despite UN resolutions that called upon them
> >>act. In an area swarming with NATO troops, Mladic and Karadjic are free
> >>despite Srebrenica, which killed twice as many people as at the WTC.
>
> I've never understood what the bite of arguments like this is
> supposed to be. People *seem* to take statements like this as
> arguments that the U.S. shouldn't be dropping bombs on the Taliban.
> But the only conclusion I can draw from it is that NATO should have
> arrested (or killed) Mladic long ago...

It proves that NATO has no interest in things like human rights and democracy. Therefore, whenever they claim to be doing something on the behalf of those ideas we know they are lying. There must be some other motivation - usually a more sinister and imperialist one. Any arguement in support of military action because of human rights or similar ideas is rendered false because that is not the objective of said military action.

Joe