thwarted coup attempt in Pakistan?

Kevin Robert Dean qualiall_2 at yahoo.com
Tue Nov 27 11:33:38 PST 2001

I was doing my usual rummaging through the news when I stumbled across a site called "The Times of Central Asia" with this small summary of a full article (the full article I'd have to pay to see, so I don't know too many details) I was just wondering if anyone else has heard any similar claims elsewhere. I've come up empty in my searches for anything else on this. Or is this just some wild conspiracy theory?

Here's the summary:

Musharraf Fears Revolution BISHKEK (TCA) – Pakistan`s leader general Pervez Musharraf purged the officers of the Inner Service & reconnaissance service, but nobody noticed it. Meanwhile, this purge saved him from the real threat to be overthrown by the Secret Services of the country.

From: http://www.times.kg

===== Kevin Dean Buffalo, NY ICQ: 8616001 http://www.yaysoft.com