terrorists everywhere

Doug Henwood dhenwood at panix.com
Tue Nov 27 11:36:47 PST 2001

T R A D I T I O N A L V A L U E S C O A L I T I O N PRESS RELEASE

For Immediate Release November 27, 2001 For more information contact: James Lafferty (202) 547-8570

Homosexual Hit List Targets Leaders For Death

MURDER TARGETS FILE HATE CRIME COMPLAINT

Washington, DC – Rev. Louis P. Sheldon and several members of his family have filed a hate crime complaint with the U.S. Justice Department against a web site which targets him and others for "a horrible death soon."

The usQueers.com web site lists B. Allen Ross of San Diego as its webmaster and targets Rev. Sheldon and his family, former President Ronald Reagan, Senators Jesse Helms and Strom Thurmond.

[A story by the Baptist Press Service reports that Ross was involved in taking a San Diego pastor hostage last June. Ross used a jagged glass from a broken soda bottle and threatened the pastor: "I will hurt you if I have to." The incident took place at First Southern Baptist Church, San Diego.

The San Diego Union-Tribune reported that Ross was subdued by San Diego police and transported to a local mental hospital. Kidnapping and burglary charges were pending against Ross, according to the newspaper.]

"This is not the first time I have been marked for death by the homosexuals and it will probably not be the last," said Rev. Sheldon. "I know who determines the hour of my death and He doesn’t do it by web site."

"The hateful diatribe against President Reagan and good people like Don Wildmon, Beverly LaHaye and Jesse Helms is shocking, especially when it is done in the name of fighting discrimination. "All of those targeted by this web site have one thing in common – their strong Christian faith."

The usQueers web site says it will be listing home addresses, descriptions of the cars the targets drive, etc. The web site offers an eerie color guide after saying its does not "authorize, ratify or directly threaten acts of violence."

"If a person on this list dies (preferably a horrible death), a line will be drawn through their (sic) name (and they (sic) will probably be added to our list). "If a person on this list is merely wounded or debilitated in some way, we will change the color of their (sic) name to brown."

In his complaint, Rev. Sheldon asked the Justice Department to investigate the threats on the web site as a hate crime because it targets Christians.

The Traditional Values Coalition represents over 43,000 churches across the United States and Puerto Rico

(For additional information or to arrange an interview with Rev. Sheldon, please contact James Lafferty at 202-547-8570) --30-- ______________________________________________________________________________ The Traditional Values Coalition is an interdenominational public policy organization comprising more than 43,000 churches across the continental United States and Puerto Rico. For more information, contact Jim Lafferty at 202-547-8570. TVC's Web site is: www.traditionalvalues.org.