On Selective Pacifism & other Oddities

Bradford DeLong jbdelong at uclink.berkeley.edu
Wed Nov 28 21:29:51 PST 2001

>Brad, no Afganis were involved as far was we know.
>
>On Wed, Nov 28, 2001 at 08:45:58PM -0800, Bradford DeLong wrote:
>> > On Selective Pacifism & other Oddities
>> >
>> >We can start out making this clearer perhaps by following the
>> >principle of the UN law on this: No war except in self-defense
>> >
>> >This is on direct analogy to American legal rule on self-defense ,
>> >which is that an individual , A, cannot use deadly force on another
>> >individual , B, unless A is in reasonable fear of death or serious
>> >bodily harm from B.
>> >
>> >I submit that the U.S. is and was not in reasonable fear of war from
>> >Afghanistan.
>> >
>> >Charles
>>
>> Where were you on September 11?
>>

>> Brad DeLong
>> --
>
>--
>Michael Perelman

<sarcasm> That's right. The Taliban were simply peacefully giving sanctuary to Osama bin Laden, a peaceful fellow Muslim who has been much put upon by nasty imperialists. </sarcasm>

I cannot believe that you believe that the Taliban did not know what Al-Qaeda was, and what kinds of operations Al-Qaeda was planning.

Brad DeLong