On Selective Pacifism & other Oddities

Joe R. Golowka joeG at ieee.org
Thu Nov 29 10:17:27 PST 2001

> Yesterday, the Financial Times began a series investigating al Qaeda.
> Not much new in yesterday's installment - haven't gotten to today's
> yet - but it repeats the claim that 70,000 alums of al Q training
> camps are scattered across 50 countries. Maybe this is a complete
> crock, though the FT isn't exactly USA Today, and it doesn't make
> much sense for the newspaper of the international bourgeoisie to lie
> to its readers. But if anything like this is true, ObL & the Taliban
> certainly bear responsibility for their trainees, no? And insofar as
> they need coordination and finance for their bigger operations,
> someone other than the direct perps has to know, right?
>
> And if anything like the 70,000 number is true - divide it by 5 if
> you want, and it's still a big number of people hellbent on
> destruction - what do you pacifists and fatalists and revolutionary
> defeatists suggest be done? Just let them be? Act nice? Invite them
> over for coffee?
>
> Doug

1. Withdraw all military forces from the middle east, especially Saudi Arabia. The biggest reason Bin Laden is targetting America is because our Government is propping up the corrupt Saudi Arabian regime. If they weren't doing that he'd probably be attempting to overthrow it. And it deserves to be overthrown.

2. Stop training or otherwise supporting terrorism. This means shutting down the SOA, abolishing the CIA, no more funding for paramilitaries in Columbia, etc. The fact that this hasn't been done is proof that this alleged "war on terrorism" is a fraud.

3. Cut off all aid to Israel until they withdraw from the territories they are illegally occupying.

4. End the embargo on Iraq. And stop bombing them.

5. Seek extradition of Al-Qaeda members through the international court system. Give them a fair trial, probably in a neutral third country. The Taliban was willing to negotiate OBL's extradition but Bush refused to talk. Show some proof of OBL's complicity and they'd hand him over. If they're bluffing, call their bluff.

We will not have security until the Middle East is secure from American & Israeli imperialism.