On Selective Pacifism & other Oddities

Kelley kwalker2 at gte.net
Thu Nov 29 11:37:36 PST 2001

At 01:17 PM 11/29/01 -0500, Joe R. Golowka wrote:
> > Yesterday, the Financial Times began a series investigating al Qaeda.
>
>We will not have security until the Middle East is secure from American &
>Israeli imperialism.

about half of what you've suggested will destabilize the middle east and you will see, most likely, the advance of the Taliban and the like. stop propping up SA? go ahead, lets see what the world looks like once bin Laden Inc are in charge.

righto.

i totally agree that we should scram the hell outta the ME, but i don't delude myself into thinking that any of that is better than what we're doing right now--IF your problem is with the loss noncombatant lives. in fact, i would presume that the death toll in the ME will be far greater than the death toll thus far in Afghanistan. now, IF you're among the opportunist left that welcomes this kind of chaos as a step in the direction toward the revo, then you're consistent. but most lefties don't go there.

OL Kell

From the YeahSureRightFW Dept: "If young women go for older men and vice-versa, who cares? The problem is the asymmetries in wealth and power between individuals which make one person more dependent on/vulnerable to the other, usually the woman. If we could eliminate class, innumerable social problems would be solved virtually overnight."

--Brett Knowlton