Hit List on WWP

Thomas Seay entheogens at yahoo.com
Thu Nov 29 12:31:13 PST 2001

Doug,

I dont appreciate or agree with much of the analysis...however I thought it did a pretty good job of proving the obvious, that IAC is a WWP frontgroup..and bringing up certain facts (such as how at one moment the WWP denounces Hussein and in another supports him), as well as the Hungary issue, the support of Kim Il Sung and all the other butchers the WWP supports.

<<It seems marred by a serious
> case of
> anti-Communism>>

I dont see why you say that...it is antistalinist for sure. The truth is the truth (at least sometimes...even in a pomo world). The person writing (Coogan) seems to be some kind of social democrat (despite his past, which I believe was as one of the early Left/Laroucheite/Luxemburgers). Why does the same fact suddenly become anticommunist when uttered by someone who does not meet our definition of "Left wing". Despite my present huge differences with Christopher Hitchens, the thing I like about him is his intergrity...he calls it like he sees it and will criticize injustice whether done under the banner of the Left or the Right. When you get a bullet put in you, I dont think it much matters whether the person doing it is carrying a white flag or a red one.

I guess my wife who had to suffer through the goddamn cultural revolution and is embittered by it is anti-communist...but it would be much better to say that she is anti-stalinist as am I. If that's anticommunism, so be it. There seems to be this fear that we have to hush or tone down our opinion about what we know about these regimes...That phrase anticommunist has some kind of magical power that makes us turn our head and look the other way.

Thomas

===== "The tradition of all the dead generations

weighs like a nightmare on the brain of the living"

-Karl Marx