lbo-talk-digest V1 #5353

Kelley kwalker2 at gte.net
Fri Nov 30 13:06:03 PST 2001

At 12:05 PM 11/30/01 +0300, Chris Doss wrote:

>Hmmm, I did not say this. "Harping on the burkas" means obsessing about
>particular aspects of Afghan culture that are popularly (presumably)
>accepted in Afghanistan, and not being concerned about women being raped
>and having acid thrown in their faces (something the Northern Alliance is
>much more guilty of than the Taliban, if you believe RAWA).
>Chris Doss
>The Russia Journal

fuckmedead. what kind of disconnect makes it possible that you can maintain that your concern about acid is somehow not about burkas? acid was thrown in their faces be/c they were unveiled! what kind of disconnect makes you believe that those who've written about veils don't care about acid, rape, etc.?

kelley

From the YeahSureRightFW Dept: "If young women go for older men and vice-versa, who cares? The problem is the asymmetries in wealth and power between individuals which make one person more dependent on/vulnerable to the other, usually the woman. If we could eliminate class, innumerable social problems would be solved virtually overnight."

--Brett Knowlton