"Is Bush's War Our War?"

Mina Kumar wejazzjune at hotmail.com
Fri Nov 30 18:19:39 PST 2001

>>What follows? Here's where things get more complicated. Hitchens'
>>position, at least as articulated on Tuesday, doesn't go much beyond
>>"support the war and rejoice in its success."

Why not bomb chez Jimmy Carter or chez Ronald Reagan to teach future US officials a thing or two about the consequences of their actions in stoking fascism? I mean, since, as Doug quoted Zizek, the US has the special responsibility to clean up its mistakes and everything. Why is it that a successful fight against Islamicism never involves bombing the US or French gov't officials who fed the monster?