Unwritten rules of the list?

John K. Taber jktaber at tacni.net
Mon Oct 1 12:18:31 PDT 2001

ravi <gadfly at home.com> muttered:

<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<< since we are venting, before doug notices, my 2 cents: quote what you will, dont quote, quote below, above, whatever, but when you do, could you just prefix the text that you are quoting with ">" as is conventional on the net? some of you seem to have elaborate schemes involving "(((", ")))", "<<", ">>", and additional symbols and identifiers that denote those you are responding to and even yourself! its a bit difficult to read. also, word wrap (with a hard carriage return) around column 72 would be nice too.

what uppercase? ;-)

--ravi

ouch, ouch, ouch. The reason is I subscribe to the digest so I cut and paste the particular post I want. It's tedious inserting the ">s" you want.

-- John K. Taber