lbo-talk-digest V1 #4993

Doug Henwood dhenwood at panix.com
Wed Oct 3 10:08:26 PDT 2001

Steve Perry wrote:

>you really think the war-economy footing is going to provide much of an
>uptick in this case, given the kind of war that's envisaged? doug?

I don't think military spending is going to provide much of an economic kick, but a $100b stimulus package - including, according to the WSJ's Alan Murray on CNBC an hour ago, payroll tax rebates and expanded unemployment insurance coverage - will. How much, I don't know, but these numbers are getting significant.

Doug