The Evidence?

Ken Hanly khanly at mb.sympatico.ca
Wed Oct 3 15:16:51 PDT 2001

"Sources familiar with the investigation"? Like psychological warfare experts or who? Ah yes we cant tell you for security reasons. Which is why many times we cant tell you the truth either. So they intercept bin Laden's phone calls including one that is a clear warning signal but they knew zilch about what was coming apparently. What is this, evidence for conspiracy theorists? Celebratory messages exchanged by al-Quaida members "suggest" prior knowledge of the attacks. Exactly how? Clear as mud. They would surely celebrate whether they knew of the attack or not. If some of the hijackers were members of cells with al-Quaida members a few might have known but it is well known that terrorist groups operate in such a way that very few know the whole plan and each cell will have its own particular task. This is essential to minimise the possibility of detection. I think it probable that bin Laden may have been indirectly involved through financing and through training some of the terrorists in Afghanistan but on the whole I think this whole thing about bin Laden is mostly a useful tool to put a face on terrorism. Makes for better manipulation of public opinion etc.

Cheers, Ken Hanly

----- Original Message ----- From: "Kevin Robert Dean" <qualiall_2 at yahoo.com> http://www.msnbc.com/news/633205.asp

"The full range of material that is being shown to U.S. allies is not known, but sources familiar with the investigation have told NBC News in recent days that investigators have:

Learned from a foreign intelligence service that bin Laden phoned his mother two days before the attacks to tell her, "In two days you're going to hear big news, and you're not going to hear from me for a while."

Intercepted messages indicating that celebratory messages exchanged by al-Qaida members on Sept. 11 suggest prior knowledge of the attacks.

===== Kevin Dean Buffalo, NY ICQ: 8616001 http://www.yaysoft.com