lbo-talk-digest V1 #4996

Dennis dperrin13 at mediaone.net
Wed Oct 3 21:30:23 PDT 2001

MacDonald wrote:

> Two things: Your "see how far that gets you" is followed by a rant about
your
> admirable attempts to work with Arab-Americans. I ask you: how likely are
you to
> "get far" talking to people about Zionism as racism, or against the
Israeli push
> against Palestine? What is the average opinion of the Palestinian cause or
> Israel?

Actually, save for the occasional anti-Semite, you'd be surprised what Middle American opinion is concerning the Palestinians. Indeed, I feel more open talking about their plight and our funding of Greater Israel than I ever did.

> If I am to answer for the actions of every communist- you need to answer
for the
> actions of every anti-communist, which includes Adolf Hitler. So take your
> cartoon image of "communism" and go grab a book. With people like you,
Stalin
> has to come up in the first paragraph.

I wasn't talking about a "cartoon image". I spoke directly about the WWP and BAMN and their reactionary conduct. Spare me the Hitler/Stalin crap. Forget books, bub -- go watch TV.

> However, I will concede and agree that most of the "Leninist" groups
around
> North America are ass-holes in meetings, etc. etc.

How generous of you. But it's more than being "assholes"; it's breaking up community gatherings and strategy sessions. The FBI couldn't operate this well undercover, and if the feds aren't involved, then someone is doing their job for less pay.

DP