lbo-talk-digest V1 #4996

Macdonald Stainsby mstainsby at tao.ca
Wed Oct 3 17:38:50 PDT 2001

> A Leninist -- what a fucking surprise.
>
> Listen, pal, you and Yoshie can march all day long with whoever you like,
> but at the end of the day you'll have to come to terms with your decision.
> In this case you wish to hold hands with those who openly back Stalinist
> terror, labor camps, and the mass murder of unarmed dissidents. Brav-o. Try
> taking your friends around the average US neighborhood and have them go on
> about these and other delights and see how far that gets you.
>
> I recently came in touch with a woman who works with Arab Americans in the
> Ann Arbor/Dearborn, Michigan area

Two things: Your "see how far that gets you" is followed by a rant about your admirable attempts to work with Arab-Americans. I ask you: how likely are you to "get far" talking to people about Zionism as racism, or against the Israeli push against Palestine? What is the average opinion of the Palestinian cause or Israel?

Such a point is a total straw figure. point #2: If I am to answer for the actions of every communist- you need to answer for the actions of every anti-communist, which includes Adolf Hitler. So take your cartoon image of "communism" and go grab a book. With people like you, Stalin has to come up in the first paragraph. Imagine how boring I'd be if the first thing I always spoke of was how Hitler was a capitalist, so come to terms with that! It would be totally boring and obviously prove I had no real argument. However, I will concede and agree that most of the "Leninist" groups around North America are ass-holes in meetings, etc. etc.

Macdonald (done on this thread with this man)