lbo-talk-digest V1 #4995

Macdonald Stainsby mstainsby at tao.ca
Wed Oct 3 17:31:17 PDT 2001

> G'day Mac,
>

> >Yoshie: I'm proud to have you as a co-moderator on L-I. The work you are
> >obviously doing so well is going to reap dividends, both online and in
> >Ohio. >Now is the first time in my life where Leninism seems fairly
> >appropriate, >wouldn't you say?
>
> Yeah, good on Yoshie, but you're going to have to be a little more
> forthcoming on what that last bit means, Mac. It could just about mean
> anything.
>
> Cheers,
> Rob.

Hey Rob, long time no chat. What I'm thinking is that anarchism, as much as I respect a lot of the anarchists I have worked with in N America, have no answer for reaction to the attack on *us* coming from the state in fascistic tones (I hate people who cheapen the word fascism and use it as a swear word...but now it is clear they are going that way). We need to think about how we are going to defend ourselves, should they start hauling us off for `terrorism'. Leninism was developed as a way of quickly snapping the spine of a tired, worn out regime in a war-weary population. We *might* (I've no crystal ball) be heading towards something on the same lines. That's my point #1. Beyond that, Lenin and Imperialism should be dusted off and read again, we all need to be able to explain imperialism *right now*. If one is not a total fool, it is easy to see that imperialism caused this, just as Zionism causes the blowing up of discos in Tel Aviv.

Macdonald