The anti imperialism of fools?

Stephen E Philion philion at hawaii.edu
Thu Oct 4 09:00:23 PDT 2001

I usually found that 'anti-americanism' that made no differentiation between American people and the American state was frequently (though not 100%) the stuff of right wing nationalism. I once really upset a british Tory with the comment, "When the US tells Europe to jump, it does something that looks like a jump. Thatcher's Britain, on the other hand, jumps as high as it can." That was in the late 1980's...Never dreamed of course that Blair would make a career of outjumping Thatcher...

Steve