The anti imperialism of fools?

Yoshie Furuhashi furuhashi.1 at osu.edu
Sat Oct 6 05:52:03 PDT 2001

Doug wrote:

>rws at comedu.canberra.edu.au wrote:
>
>>Nor should one pretend one can't pogo to a bit of Ramones or cringe before a
>>Cage onslaught and still not loathe the American nation state's sway in the
>>world.
>
>Exactly. Didn't the article make the point that we should
>distinguish between the U.S. ruling class and its state, on one
>hand, and the masses and our culture (both pop and high) on the
>other? I don't think it'd be news to anyone that I despise the
>American imperial state.

We [= leftists who are Marxists, anarchists, etc.] already distinguish "the U.S. ruling class and its state, on one hand, and the masses and our culture (both pop and high) on the other." The burning question is how we go about building up the anti-war & other movements that would allow more and more of the American masses to make this very distinction _& act accordingly_.

Yoshie