Fw: [ASDnet] On Casey v. Chomsky & Malaria in Sudan

brettk at unicacorp.com brettk at unicacorp.com
Thu Oct 4 14:37:54 PDT 2001

Thanks, kelley. Doug, I'm impressed with your mastery of the language.

Brett

kelley

<kwalker2 at gte.net> To: lbo-talk at lists.panix.com, lbo-talk at lists.panix.com

Sent by: cc:

owner-lbo-talk at lists Subject: Re: Fw: [ASDnet] On Casey v. Chomsky & Malaria in Sudan

.panix.com

10/04/01 05:30 PM

Please respond to

lbo-talk

At 02:10 PM 10/4/01 -0700, James Baird wrote:
> > My main problem with
> > Leo was tone,
> > volume, and perseveration.
> >
> > Doug
>
>"perseveration"? Is that a word? I think we need a
>ruling from Safire on that one...
>
>Jim Baird

Yes, it is and I've read it at least once in the past week, at least. No, not academic stuff lately, either.

per·sev·er·a·tion (pr-sv-rshn) n. Psychology. Uncontrollable repetition of a particular response, such as a word, phrase,

or gesture, despite the absence or cessation of a stimulus, usually caused by brain injury or other organic disorder. The tendency to continue or repeat an act or activity after the cessation of the original stimulus. The act or an instance of persevering; perseverance.