Britain makes 42

/ dave / arouet at winternet.com
Thu Oct 4 17:37:16 PDT 2001

Michael Perelman wrote:

> On Thu, Oct 04, 2001 at 09:01:16PM +0100, Chris Burford wrote:
> > Britain, despite all the gestures of solidarity with the USA, has just
> > become the 42nd state
>
> At first I thought that Chris made a mistake. Blair would have to become
> governor of the 51st state.

Alternatively, George Bush, being a distant relation of the British Royals, is fully eligible to assume the British throne should the rest of the royal clan be suddenly wiped out by anthrax or somesuch. If he could hang out with his pal Tony (forging an unprecedentedly close royal/parliamentary relationship, no?), I'm sure he'd be up for it if his presidential term were up and he could still get his tex-mex food over yonder. "If he could still get..." - what am I thinking? He'd be King. Of course he could "get."

--

/ dave /