Blair's evidence against Bin Laden

Carrol Cox cbcox at ilstu.edu
Fri Oct 5 12:08:06 PDT 2001

Ken Hanly wrote:

> Do you not think that some type of military action even if limited and
> largely symbolic is necessary?

This is for the government to decide, which it will, one way or another, independently of what _we_ (leftists) think. What we have to be thinking aboutis the program and tactics of resistance -- a program not for government but for us. You can't make subtle discriminations unless you are within the circle of power. And we are not and are not going to be.

The stronger we make our voices -- our nay saying -- the more apt the government is to adopt a more sophisticated (moderate) policy, but we cannot dictate the details or even the outline of that policy. We must not become mere pundits quacking away as mere spectators but must become part of the action.

Carrol