One More Attempt at Dialogue Re: Fuck Off Yoshie

Yoshie Furuhashi furuhashi.1 at osu.edu
Sat Oct 6 13:26:10 PDT 2001

> > I don't charge you with xenophobia. What we are talking about here
>> is indeed a matter of nuances and rhetorical slips. Be careful with
>> your rhetoric. If you don't think that armed struggles against the
>> Chinese state by all peoples are necessary, it is inadvisable to call
>> it "fascist."
>>
>> Yoshie
>
>Excuse me, Ms. Commissar -- Am I your pupil or cadet? Stop putting words in
>my mouth and don't tell me what to fucking say. Stay the fuck out of my way
>and go play your parlor games with those who have time for such nonsense. In
>other words, fuck off.
>
>DP

I don't know if it makes sense, but I make one more attempt at dialogue. While I continue to hold that it is inadvisable to call a state "fascist" without at the same time advocating appropriate anti-fascist actions (see my post titled "re: fascist?" Sat, 6 Oct 2001 12:47:09 -0400) against the said state, as I believe that such a liberal use of the term fascism would dilute its political meaning, that is merely my opinion, and you are naturally free to act against my advice. The same goes for the use of the term "citizens' movement." It is inadvisable to use this term if you want to appeal to non-citizen residents as well as citizens, especially in times of anti-immigrant sentiments like today (for instance, a non-citizen who sees the term "citizens' movement" in a flyer may not think that she is being encouraged to join it). Again, that's my opinion & advice to you as a fellow leftist, which you are free to take it or leave it.

To be honest, I'm not sure why you should get mad at me.

Yoshie