WWP and working with them.

kelley kwalker2 at gte.net
Wed Oct 3 21:21:39 PDT 2001

At 04:49 PM 10/3/01 -0700, Brad Mayer wrote:

>It certainly is sectarian crap, especially now. This is NOT a time to be
>sowing disunity among leftists, regardless of disagreement on other
>issues. And I certainly have disagreements with WWP/IAC. This is not a
>question like support for the Democratic Party (where splitting,
>polarizing leftists _is_ a good thing). Not every situation requires the
>same tactics.

as usual, you haven't noticed that the first sectarian salvo was tossed by others, those on your side of the "left bowel", just over two weeks ago when it was declared here that those who supported some sort of justice or who hadn't figured out where they stood in terms of a peace movement were nationalists flag-wavers or that they'd somehow given up on "left principles" since such an approach would rely on the US legal system which leftists, of course!, must oppose. the conclusion was that anyone willing to work with a broad coalition of people who are opposed to war for very pragmatic reasons, not because they are pacifists or committed leftists, were deemed, somehow, "nationalists", etc.

like Dennis, I've seen these guys, the sparts, and the red-orange wankers in action. They are a disgrace. They show up whenever any left issue makes headway into the broader communities within which we work. their goal is to generally to disrupt and "radicalize" militantly and impatiently. They do so in ways that predictably alienate people from the left.

kelley