lbo-talk-digest V1 #5003

Macdonald Stainsby mstainsby at tao.ca
Sun Oct 7 14:33:13 PDT 2001

> >Right. That's going to mobilize the masses. What do you recommend as
> >a good rally text - some excerpts from Materialism and
> >Empirio-Criticism? Infantile Communism, a Left-Wing Disorder?
> >Screamingly relevant.
> >
> >Doug

Hey Doug, You are making a small but possibly brutal and suicidal error.

No one goes to the modern people and starts ranting on about Lenin and the need to study, say, Imperialism... and garners any relevance. What's relevant is the strategic orientation- the tactical use of anything and everything to make a quick spine-snapping action. Meaning that our orientation is far less concerned with appearances than it is results. One can use Leninist understandings of precisely what is happeneing without quoting it at others. There are many things that my Leninist and other teachings give me that no other philosophy can. What is irrelevant is carving out a little sect somewhere and demanding to lead the movement while accomplishing and contributing nothing to the very same movement. That is the legacy of the sects. The true legacy of the man himself was one of critical analysis and brilliant explication of the tasks of his day, something we really ought to aspire to as if it were life and death.

`cuz it is.

Macdonald