George Orwell A Psychic.

mike mike1947_02446 at hotmail.com
Sun Oct 7 17:31:56 PDT 2001

It seems when Orwell wrote 1984 a while back he was on to something. The leading totalitarian power was constantly engaged with an unknown or vague enemy with unknown casualties on the front. If I recall these battles had to be fought with utmost secrecy so as to not endanger people on the home George W, B wants to wage war on terror whatever that is exactly, until the idea is defeated. Rumsfeld feels a know language (perhaps Newspeak will do) needs to be invented to deal with this menace. Probably the most serious consequence bombing of this will be further erosion of civil liberties mostly to avoid embarrassment of the state. Its amazing to me that current security lapses were known for years and nothing substantial until recently if now was done about it probably because dealing with the problem was thought to threaten the airlines bottom line. ---- Michael Cohen Department of Cognitive and Neural Systems 677 Beacon Street, Rm 313 Boston, Mass 02215 Tel: (home) 617-734-8828

(work) (617) 617-353-9484 Home Addr: 25 Stearns RD #3 Brookline Mass 02446 -------------- next part -------------- An HTML attachment was scrubbed... URL: <../attachments/20011007/e72c1440/attachment.htm>