Is there a nonviolent response to September 11?

kelley kwalker2 at gte.net
Tue Oct 9 17:33:29 PDT 2001

At 07:03 PM 10/9/01 -0400, Doug Henwood wrote:
>Regardless of what most of us think, many people in the peace movement are
>absolutely unable or unwilling to condemn the bad guys and say they should
>be punished. That's no good.
>
>Doug

i've not come across them. but i live in limpdick state. haven't noticed them on other lists, either. here, from the get go, we've insisted on condemnation of the attack, and on no wimpy terms, a call for justice thru legal mechanisms, with some of us recognizing ObL's and others' death as inevitable and some wishing to look the other way.

but you know, now that i think of it... i've been puzzled for a couple of weeks now about the reaction on the list when i asked the same question you just did on a quiet sunday morning. no one answered me. i asked it again .. nada. sure took everyone a while to figure it out. sheesh!

the second time, only chip was willing to outline anything. i figured everyone wanted me to shut up about the "after all, we were attacked" line and y'all were peaceniks and regarded it as either deserved or a good thing. wondered why there was no support for a list for protest actions. this is why. few are interested in protesting. sheesh. someone coulda told me when i asked where everyone stood! i felt like an idiot for having asked.