Tee Vee

Chuck Grimes cgrimes at rawbw.com
Wed Oct 10 01:53:10 PDT 2001

``I can say I've been through the entire text, more than once. I even looked at Jerome for a while... but as an undergrad... I understood nothing...'' Ken

That's funny Ken. I am reading Genesis for the first time, and it makes sense to me. It sounds like the news, exactly like the news as a matter of fact. And, its subtext, which doesn't actually rise to the level of moral questions, but remains hovering in a netherworld that asks, from whence does the authority of action in the world issue?
>From God, from Law, from Custom, from Circumstance, from Fortune, from
History, from Will, from those mysterious authors of the Passions, from Whence? This is what Kelley wants to call the war of epistemology. But how we conceive our authority to act as we do in the world is a kind of practical or socially constructed epistemology.

Well, it reads like LBO, right now to me. I can't tell the difference---even the sound of the names are the same. Max is talking about begetting and violence---which seems to cover a lot of the themes. I just wish there was more begetting around here.

Anyway, as I found out some religious works are cheap so I can afford to buy a new revised standard version (NRSV?) used, since I saw one at Moe's.

Chuck Grimes