Doug's non-rhetorical WITBD?, as Re: Is ...

Max Sawicky sawicky at bellatlantic.net
Wed Oct 10 05:03:48 PDT 2001

mbs: my question to Carrol was in the context of how to effect political mobilization. How to define 'world-changing' is murky, but it seems inescapable to me that 911 was sufficiently transforming that trying to change the subject to "80+ years of war" is not going to cut any ice. Nor should it. The frame, whether anyone likes it or not, is how to stave off further attacks.

lp: You didn't ask what a smart campaign platform would be. You asked Carrol what a 'government that did not deserve excoriation' would do. . .