Doug's non-rhetorical WITBD?, as Re: Is ...

Carrol Cox cbcox at ilstu.edu
Wed Oct 10 06:39:56 PDT 2001

Who is saying what about what in the following. Who is lp? Who is the "you" of "You asked Carrol"?

Political Mobilization: What people think today and next month and even the month after that has no relevance whatever to political mobilization.

"We" (whoever that is) are not going to have any effect whatever on what the government does _now_ (or next month or the month after). Any discussion of political mobilization is in the land of fantasy if it talks about now rather than (at the earliest) 6 months from now.

There is no evidence now that 9/1l is going to make much change in the world. Perhaps it will, but there is no basis now for saying what that change will be.

Nothing "we" (leftists) do now is going to cut any ice, so saying this or that is not going to cut any ice is mere babbling. It is also mere babbling to pay any attention to what is or isn't popular with 90% of the population now.

"The frame, whether anyone likes > it or not, is how to stave off further attacks." Who is going to do this staving off? Nothing we (leftists) say or do is going to have any effect here, so raising the question on lbo is, again, mere irrelevant babbling.

Carrol