empty questions, emptier answers?

Carrol Cox cbcox at ilstu.edu
Wed Oct 10 06:59:54 PDT 2001

Doug Henwood wrote:

> I wasn't asking either you or Yoshie, was I?

You were asking C.G.E. whose post had begun, "That's about right," referring to one of Yoshie's posts; and you spoke of asking the "same question," i.e. the quetion you had posed to me earlier.

You are still off in never-never land posing questions that have no answers for the fun of it. Your initial claim that the question wasn't rhetorical is proving to be a quite false claim. Such an empty question can only be rhetorical -- and not very good rhetoric at that.

An earlier post of yours pretty well sums up everything I have been arguing:

Justin Schwartz wrote:

>Look, Carrol. We have a very serious crime, mass murder, in fact.
>Doing nothing about is not an option. I do not support war, but
>there is a fairly well-established protolocal for a criminal
>investigation. You gather evidence, identify suspects with probable
>cause, find 'em, and bust 'em.

Who serves the warrant, and makes the arrest? I asked David McReynolds that question, and all he could say was that I'd struck the sore point of his position.

Doug

Exactly. An identical (and unanswerable) question is posed by every single "positive" suggestion that has been made on this list. You obviously don't have a clue as to what anyhone should do. If you did you would be laying it out and not posing empty questions to everyone in sight.

Carrol

Carrol