Tee Vee

Jeffrey Fisher jfisher at igc.org
Wed Oct 10 09:00:42 PDT 2001

the OAB, at least the copy I have, is RSV translation. i think it's the way to go, generally, if only because a whole library of the anchor bible would be huge and expensive and quite possibly incomplete (i'm not sure they've actually gotten through the whole thing). for in-depth work on a specific text, though, you can't do better than to get the anchor bible volume. the scholarly credentials of the translators/authors are impeccable and the explanatory notes indispensable.

but this is all quibbling.

and hey, chuck, while you're at it, why not check out the gnostic stuff, too?

i believe bentley layton's "the gnostic scriptures" is available in paperback.