lbo-talk-digest V1 #5032

Macdonald Stainsby mstainsby at tao.ca
Wed Oct 10 12:33:07 PDT 2001

Nathan:

> Also, the problem is: no one's going to turn bin Laden over. we will have
> to kill him or he will kill himself or put himself in a position to get
killed.

> and then where are we at?

Nathan: I live in North America,just like you- so there is nothing "safe" about where I live. But this "we" stuff- cut it out! Do you really want to think in terms of some grand "we" project, where you team up with the mass murderers of the 20th Century? I mean, give me a break!

When the speech by "ObL" was given the other day, and then I read the text- the pit of my stomach fell out. Why? Simple. When he says "A million Iraqi children die- and no one cares" He was absolutely right. If people on the "left" are going to go around bin Laden hunting while they don't seem to get that murder by states is not more acceptable- especially their own, they are proving his message (and to many [not me] his method) correct. The people of North America will continue to never uinderstand why these things happen, and justice- such a prostituted word- means nothing if people look to get the "man behind 5000 deaths". What about the men behind 1.5 million deaths?

Prove to the world that Osama bin Laden is wrong. That North Americans are not a pile of racist shits. Stopthe witchhunt of the globe for a minor killer, and get the real major ones who live here with secret service protection. Osama can only recruit because there are desperate people. Get rid of the desperation.

The best analogy I can give to someone like yourself is this: Churchill wanted to use mustard gas on the Afghani population. He ordered many war crimes be carried out, etc. So should we have stopped everything and gone after him- during WWII? there were terrorists (in the militaristic sense) who operated on Nazi soil. Should "we" have given the Nazis advice on how to get him?

Quit thinking about this stuff and re-focus on the real issues. Quit watching TV- It'll rot your brain. It's never been more propaganda than now, not in the Gulf War, not ever. It is horseshit.

Macdonald