[Fwd: Black America and the Struggle for Peace]

Carl Remick carlremick at hotmail.com
Wed Oct 10 19:42:08 PDT 2001

>From: Doug Henwood <dhenwood at panix.com>
>
>You may find my questions empty, Carrol, but this is just not
>relevant to the present situation at all. When will people start
>thinking and stop invoking received pieties?
>
>Doug

I'm all for banning shibboleths, Doug; however, some setting of priorities is needed. Right now I'm a lot more concerned about the received pieties being emitted by Bush, Blair & Co. than I am by any cant being served up by leftists. BB&Co., after all, have serious firepower backing their views, but how many divisions does "the Pope" have, so to speak? [Apologies, Carrol
:)]

Carl