Prospects for a 'better' world

Brenda Rosser shelter at tassie.net.au
Wed Oct 10 19:33:44 PDT 2001

"Macdonald Stainsby" <mstainsby at tao.ca> wrote on Wed, 10 Oct 2001 13:10:38 -0700
>All the posters- or the majority here, anyhow-clearly no longer believe
that a better world is really possible, that all >we can do is put the brakes on the damage done.
>To you all, I say SHAME. We are the hope of the world- the greatest
responsibility rests on our shoulders in a >way that means nothing anywhere else but here.

Well, my fear is that technology of the wars employed today will NOT make a better world possible. I feel strongly that the peace movement should prioritise the issue of the use and spread of depleted uranium weapons before it IS too late for a 'better world'. Brenda Rosser

"What does such an ass really want?...Naturally the solutions to the tricky problems of money, etc., are so much shit to Liebnecht since for him these problems do not really exist...." Karl Marx when Wilhelm Liebknecht burts into tears of disappointment when he read 'Kapital' for the first time.